Sunday, September 13, 2009

weak (for) coffee

I've tried. I cannot make coffee, so I invest in Tim Horton's! I have even tried other places, but Tim makes it just the way I like for $1.55 a day. Unfortunately, I add a muffin or bagel because I don't make time for breakfast before leaving in the morning. This increases the cost to an average of $3.00 a day, not to mention all the carbs!

One of my favorite blogs is Simple Mom. Her post on a six-month emergency plan got me thinking of how much I spend on coffee and lunch. I'll crunch the numbers to make a goal, but
  • I will eat breakfast at home
  • I will pack my lunch 3 times a week

Notice, I didn't give up the coffee for $1.55 a day. :-)

4 comments:

Netter said...

I'm a Starbucks fan so I have to limit myself to one a week - so darn expensive, but sooo worth it!

Greg said...

Good start...take baby steps to change the habit. Good luck!

Kelly Syferd said...

I have had to do the same thing. Over the summer, I had to take Ryan somewhere (therapies or camp) every morning, so it was so convenient to to run through Tim's to grab a coffee and some Tim Bits for the boys. Now that school is back in session and both boys ride the bus, I have started making my coffee at home and pick some up 2 days a week (Mondays & Saturdays). So far it has worked but school has only been in session for 3 weeks. ;)

prashant said...

take baby steps to change the habit. Good luck!

Work From Home india